PRIVACY & SECURITY POLICY
Al-Futtaim Trading Company L.L.C trading as “PLUG INS Electronix”, or any subsidiaries and affiliates thereto Al-Futtaim (collectively “we”, “our”, “us”) maintains this website and mobile application (collectively ‘Platform’). This includes all the Platform’s information, communication, software, scripting, photos, texts, videos, graphics, music, sounds, images, other materials and services (collectively ‘Content’). Our Content is provided as a form of convenience for its online visitors, customers, employees and the public (collectively “user”, “users”, “you”, “your”, “yours”).
We have adopted this Privacy & Security Policy to inform our users how and why we collect, store and use personal information.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU AND HOW?
Al-Futtaim collects users’ personal information; this excludes storing the user’s payment details when the user visits our Platform, or places an online order with us.
We may ask you for personal information at other times, including by way of example:
- When you enter a sweepstake, content or promotion sponsored by us
- When you complete surveys or other questionnaires
- When you send an email to us
Our web servers also collect the domain names of users on our Platform. This information aggregated is to measure number of visits, average time spent on our Platform, pages viewed, etc.
WHAT WE DO & DON’T DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Al-Futtaim uses your personal information for the following:
- To facilitate order processing
- To develop enhancements on our Platform
- For marketing and promotional purposes, for example, offering users the opportunity to take advantage of special promotions and to acquire Al-Futtaim products
- To design and build better products
- To customize your shopping experience and to provide advice and purchase recommendations
- To help target valuable marketing, remarketing, and advertising offers, executed through banner ads or promotional emails, which may be sent by third parties under contract with Al-Futtaim
- To do research on users’ demographics, interests and behavior, so as to better understand and measure the use of our Platform, and to improve our Content
Al-Futtaim does not share your personal information with third parties without your consent. We may share your personal information through the following:
- With our related companies
- If you purchase a product requiring service, your personal information will be shared with the service provider concerned
- With Al-Futtaim’s third-party business partners, so that they may provide services that are consistent with the terms of this Privacy & Security Policy and our Platform
- In special cases where we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary, particularly when identifying, contacting or bringing legal action against someone who may be violating the Platform’s Terms & Conditions; Al-Futtaim’s or others’ rights; causing injury; or to interfere with Al-Futtaim’s or others’ property
- When we believe in good faith that the law requires it
By using our Platform, you hereby consent to the collection and use of your personal information as set forth in the policy currently in effect.
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR SECURITY
We only collect your personal information to the extent deemed necessary to serve our legitimate business purposes, and we use appropriate security technology to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of your personal information, as it deems appropriate. Nonetheless, we are not responsible for any breach of your security or for the actions of any third party, who may have obtained any personal information.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT OUR COOKIES
“Cookies” are pieces of information that we transfer to your hard drives solely for record-keeping purposes. This could involve cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies used to track users visiting our advertising banners and hyperlinks on other websites, to cookies that store usernames and passwords, giving users a seamless access to our Platform. By using our Platform, you hereby consent that Al-Futtaim may place cookies on your device.
WHAT ABOUT POLICY CHANGES?
Al Futtaim reserves the right to change this Privacy & Security Policy at any time by posting an updated on our Platform, so please check back periodically to ensure you are aware of the most current policy.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR MORE INFORMATION?
Any questions regarding this Privacy & Security Policy can be directed to our Contact Us page.